Assistant Land Development Manager
Job Title: Assistant Land Development Manager
Job Purpose: To assist with the development of new communities and to own all aspects of the post development process
Reports to: Land Development Manager
About Windsong Properties, LLC:
Since 2003, Windsong Properties has set the Standard of Excellence for Active Adult Living in North Atlanta. The company was founded upon the idea that the transition from family home to empty nest should be an enjoyable and exciting experience focused on improving one's Quality of Life.
Windsong’s consistent growth is the result of continuous improvement of every aspect of our business and includes respect for our customers and our team. Our process-driven environment sets clear expectations and builds employee confidence. By placing our employees first, we create a level of integrity that transcends work relationships, so that both employees and customers feel like family. Our communities are in the northwest metro Atlanta area.
The ideal candidates will possess these skills, requirements, and traits:
- Two years of applicable development or building experience
- Proficiency in Outlook and Excel is required
- Project Management software (Smartsheet) experience is a plus
- Completion of a four-year college degree (preferably in Construction Management, Engineering, or other related degree) or commensurate experience
- Multitasks and keeps track of all items and tasks that need to be completed
- Team player mentality
- Experience in building vendor/customer relationships and addressing concerns
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to manage multiple projects independently, as well as part of a team
- Detail oriented
Summary of responsibilities include:
- Assists the LDM with any and all needs throughout the development process. Including, but not limited to utility installation, street light installation, easement agreements, etc.
- Travels to Windsong Communities to oversee sitework (northwest metro-Atlanta area)
- Requests and compares bids for work for all post development activities - provides input for the post development budget, including cost savings
- Uses Smartsheet to schedule and track development activities
- Assist in the transition of the HOA function from Warranty to Development, and eventually own the development aspects of the HOA process
- Attends meetings, as requested
- Submits and tracks amenity area Land Disturbance Permits (LDP), as needed
- Works with post development vendors to get work completed in line with the Sales Start date
- Assists the Construction Team with obtaining permits for the clubhouse and models
- Completes the lot inspection and releases all accepted lots to the Construction Team
- Handles the transition from Development to the Warranty Team. Is responsible for all post development maintenance until the transition is completed
- Is responsible for the close out of each community, including punch out items such as curb repair, pond recertification, final striping and signage, bond release, etc.
Benefits include: Health Insurance, Dental & Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Long Term Disability, Paid Holidays, PTO, and 401K with Company Match.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Note to Job Seekers: Please reply to this posting by providing your resume and cover letter in PDF or Word format along with salary requirements. Your resume will be reviewed, and qualified candidates will be contacted.